~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Blessed Rain! How does your garden grow?

My garden is letting out a choral ahhhhh! It's been over 90 for a week now with no rain, and just a few minutes ago, the showers began. I don't know if they will last long, but I am glad they came late in the day so that the affects can soak in overnight.

Our spinach, radishes & strawberries have come & gone, but we are still awash is romaine and cabbage. The tomatoes are doing well & I saw our first blooms on the beans yesterday.

I think we are most excited about the abundant crop of blackberries we will have this year and our new plot just for corn. I call it our "field of dreams". There are no voices, just anticipation of good things to come!

Hope the garden grows well in your area, whether it herbs on the patio or a farm-full!

2 comments:

elijah aller said...

Hi! We just harvested out first peppers and basil of the summer!

Thanks for leaving a message on my blog - pleased to meet you!
Eli

RagamuffinQuilts said...

Your garden sounds yummy. We have a few tomatoes - 1 is turning red already. Tons of bell peppers but not turned yet - they are supposed to be yellow and red. Can you send some rain this way? :D

Labels