~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Monday, September 29, 2008

Etsy Artist Feature~RagamuffinQuilts

My first feature! Wish me luck!

I have known ragamuffin for over a year now (time flies), so I was thrilled when she volunteered to be my first artist feature.


What is the story behind your etsy store name and how does it relate to what you sell?
My etsy store name derived from the combination of my love for cats and quilting; most recently, rag quilts. Ragamuffin cats are very fluffy cats, sort of like my rag quilts with the fluffy raggie seams. So, Ragamuffin Quilts was born (with the help of my hubby and boys).

Of the items you create, do you have a favorite? For example, medium, color, item, customer?
My favorite item is my own design for a car seat rag quilt.




It has a "hole" for the car seat/stroller straps to help prevent your little one from kicking it off and losing it or getting dirty on the ground. I especially love these in all flannel, they are super soft and warm. I only wish I had thought of this while my boys were little.

How did you learn your craft?
I am pretty much a self-taught crafter. My grandmother introduced me to sewing and I fell in love with it. My mother introduced me to yarn crafting; knitting, crochet, needlepoint, etc. I started dabbling into the yarn crafts again recently as they are very portable for me to carry around with me.

Do you belong to etsy teams?
I belong to the Quiltsy Team. They are great group of quilters! Very supportive and inspirational.

Do you have a favorite etsy seller?
Hmmm, favorite etsy seller. It is so hard to pick just one, there are so many talented crafters on etsy!

Do you have a favorite blog?
Favorite blog - well I do follow two blogs daily; FabricsNQuilts (you're already here) and Fiber Deviant; two very talented crafters.

Anything else to share?
I would just like to thank my husband, children and close friends for their support in my efforts to start crafting again. Despite deadlines and hectic schedules, they never complain, they just jump right in and help me out. I honestly couldn't do it without them.
Check out Ragamuffin's blog too!

2 comments:

RagamuffinQuilts said...

Thank you so much for allowing me to be your first feature. Great job! Can't wait to see more featured Etsy artists!!!

Mountain Home Quilts said...

Very nice feature! :)

Labels