~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Monday, October 13, 2008

Etsy Artist Feature~ ForQuiltsSake

This week it is my pleasure to introduce you to ForQuiltsSake. This artist has the most amazing eye for color & composition! Click the pic to go to the individual listing for that quilt.




She doesn't mention it herself, but I have to show you her own unique version of mixed media!

(click the pic to go to the listing!)






What is the story behind your etsy store name and how does it relate to what you sell?

I wanted a name that was unique and was available as a website name. I kept trying different combinations of words with quilts and not only was http://www.forquiltssake.com/ available, when I Googled the words without quotes, there were only 3 things that came up. I also liked the connotation that since I’m driven to create quilts, I am doing this for the sake of the quilts.



Of the items you create, do you have a favorite? For example, medium, color, item, customer?



I really enjoy making my fabric mosaics and post cards because they’re small and fun and I can try out new techniques and color combinations without being committed to a whole quilt. I’ve recently started painting my own fabric and that’s also fun.



How did you learn your craft?

I never liked sewing but I loved fabric so I took a class on how to piece and quilt by hand. I loved the final result but it took too much time, so I taught myself how to use the sewing machine and I’m pretty much self-taught from books and just trying things.



Do you belong to etsy teams?

The fabulous Quiltsy Team.



Do you have a favorite etsy seller?

This is a hard questions. Of course I love all my Quiltsy sisters! If you looked through my favorites you’d find a lot of stained glass, glass beads, silver jewelry and of course, quilts. If I had to pick one, I’d probably pick NutmegDesigns because she makes fabulous mosaics and stained glass using quilt patterns. I haven’t bought from her yet, but she’s in my favorites so maybe someone will buy me one as a gift!



Do you have a favorite blog?

I love reading the blogs that my Quiltsy sisters write because it helps me feel like I know them. It’s fun to see what they’re up to, and sometimes I even learn a new technique.



Anything else to share?

My website is http://www.forquiltssake.com/

My Flickr site is www.flickr.com/photos/forquiltssake

4 comments:

For Quilts Sake said...

Thanks for the great feature!

Pfeiffer Photos said...

Fun post to read and view. Anyone that sews is incredible to me...I have no skills in that craft!

RagamuffinQuilts said...

Wonderful quilts!

I love reading and "meeting" all sorts of Etsy artists. Thanks for sharing.

esque said...

Excellent interview! Her work is amazing!

Labels