~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Etsy Artist Feature~MoranArtandQuilts

This week's artist is


This week's artist is one of the most creative art quilters I think I have had the pleasure to know. She has a great eye for color as well as shape. Check out this modern/mod style quilt!

Using similar color sheme in the next piece, she achieved a totally different look. This artist can truly create for any taste or decor. Her wallhangings are exquisitely quilted and completed entirely by the artist.


I personally love the deep purple in this quilt and the applique is just flawless!

Click on any of the pics to view the listings & visit the Etsy store!

Now, let's get to know her!

What is the story behind your etsy store name and how does it relate to what you sell?

I chose my name in honor of my father who worked very hard to put me through art school only to pass away one year before I graduated. I had no brothers to carry on the Moran name so I've kept it for my artwork and quilts.

Of the items you create, do you have a favorite?

For example, medium, color, item, customer?I love making the art quilts and just being creative. I recently taught myself how to free motion machine quilt so that's been fun to experiment with. Watercolor painting is also near and dear to me and I've painted house and pet portraits for over 25 years now. Quilting didn't come along until 2004.

How did you learn your craft?

I've always loved painting and drawing and, so, attended an art college. I went on to better my craft with just lots of practice. Then I decided to pursue my interest in quilting and bought a beginning book to teach myself.

Do you belong to etsy teams?

Yes, the Quiltsy Team!

Do you have a favorite etsy seller?

I have so many, it would be hard to choose but here are two artists I really like:ArtbyWendy and MyBusyFingers

Anything else to share?

I've been married for 26 years and have two great kids; a 20 year old son who's an auto tech and a 17 year old daughter who will graduate this year and plans on attending a dog training school next fall. I love being around them; they've turned into wonderful people. I also want to thank you for being so kind and featuring me in your blog!

Other sites:

http://www.moranartwork.etsy.com/

http://moranart.deviantart.com/

3 comments:

For Quilts Sake said...

Great feature! Love the quilts, Moran!

Ashlawnfarms Rag Quilt Creations said...

What a wonderful feature! It is so great getting to know other quiltsy members and how they became quilters.

I am sure your dad is really proud of your accomplishments...such a wonderful gift to be an artist!

Thanks for sharing your story!

Mountain Home Quilts said...

Very nice feature!

Labels