~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Saturday & Sunday Sewing

I have a wonderful weekend of sewing planned. First I am creating the largest diaper bag ever known to mankind (*wink*) for the cutest local lady who is expecting her 2nd son in the next couple of weeks. To be able to carry all she needs for both her new arrival & her 2 year old, we have designed a 2' by 1' by 6" deep bag. I can't wait to see it myself!

I also picked up some new John Deere Pink cotton last night, a print I had not seen yet. So I may make a purse & wallet set from that for last minute in-store shoppers next week. We all know men wait until the last minute.

The majority of my Sunday sewing will be devoted to finishing up the floating stars quilt. I marked the border last night & am ready to roll now. BUT, my yo-yo (McAllistar McPuff from Georgia Bonsteel's Easy Does It) is also almost done; just 16 more to cinch up & I can start connecting. Both of the quilt projects have been a blast & I am so glad to see them so close to completion. I may be singing Merry Christmas to ME on Monday!

Have a super stitchin' weekend!

2 comments:

The Jade Dog said...

Here's to sticking to "to-do-lists!"

I have a scarf I'm making for my BF...It's taking me much monger to do than I anticipated (I usually don't use such small noodles.)

P.S. I love the Cicero quote- ain't that the truth :)

Karen said...

You stitched and I shoveled snow all weekend. I like your weekend better. :)

Merry Christmas!

Labels