~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Sewing Saturday & Sunday


I am hopefull to finish my floating stars quilt this weekend and I don't know about you, but as I am getting to the binding of the current project, my mind is already wandering to "what's next".
So, I have out a stack of books that is half as tall as I am (almost) trying to decide. I think I have it narrowed down to a few options. I still have a layer cake throw quilt to finish quilting, so I am in no hurry to make up my mind (good thing!). It will be odd to have only 1 UFO!

I am also putting together an online photo album of options for a customer for a king sized bed quilt. This will most likely be my next project, in actuality. I am hoping for a log cabin of some sort...I just love log cabins!

I have decided to attach the square yoyos by hand instead of machine, so that takes care of my current handwork project. I have to have something to do with my hands while I watch TV at night...or they find their way to Oreo's (double stuff...yum).

Stay tuned for pics of the projects that are oh so close to completion.

4 comments:

Originals by Lauren said...

Shannon, that is beautiful. I can't wait to see the finished product.

Bizarre Quilter said...

Oh yes, I can't wait to see it finished!! Do clover make a doover for square yo-yos? Is that how you are doing them?

I am intrigued!

Loz in Oz :)

P.S. Thanks for dropping by :)

FabricsNQuilts said...

Loz in Oz :)
The square yoyos is from the book "easy does it quilts" by Georgia Bonnesteel. each one is hand cut using a template. They are really fun to make.

The log cabin I pic'd I made a couple years ago & has already found a new home. I just pulled that pic up to show one I made. I love log cabins! My last one was 1" strips...lots of little logs. they are so fun...round & round I go! I think one day I would love to make one that just keeps going & going & going...round & round. It would definitely be a challenge!

Mountain Home Quilts said...

WOW Shannon- that quilt is fabulous!! :)

Labels