~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

This bed's not for sleeping!

I set up a bedframe in the antique store yesterday to solve 2 storage problems. I know...how does this help?

Well, let me tell ya! :)

I did not use a mattress, but instead used plastic storage totes to fill in the rectangle hole made by the frame. Then used those totes to truly STASH my stash. Then, I layed out all the antique quilts ontop of my new "bed". Layer after layer after layer of antique quilts. Then put my to-be-sold quilts as the top layer so I could get to them easily when their new owners found them on Etsy.

So I guess I solved 3 storage problems! Both my handmade & the handmade antique quilts lay flat in a way that is not detrimental to their health PLUS a place to store away my stash of denim that is all clean & ready for me to slice & dice anytime I get the urge (or order).
Visit me soon! I have a new order of moda enroute that I will be listing this week!

2 comments:

RagamuffinQuilts said...

Congrats on your storage! What a great idea!

Ashlawnfarms Rag Quilt Creations said...

You are so clever! Great solution!

Labels