~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Saturday, January 3, 2009

2009 Projects~ Project #1 Twin Falling Stars Quilt

I think I have figured out how to pull together all the info on my projects here on the blog. YAY!

Here it is, my first completed project of the new year! This quilt was part of my fall scrap bin busting project. I made 3 quilts, including this one, as a result of that commitment to use what I had. I think that I will try to alternate quilt projects this year between new & scrap bin fabrics.

I really enjoyed how quickly this quilt went together & the effect of the extremely simple block. As a new machine quilter, I have been trying out various quilt-as-you-go methods to see what works for me. On this project I used the Divide & Conquer method #3 that reduced the batting bulk while machine quilting with my regular sewing machine. It was also another opportunity to practice free motion quilting on the borders (another chance to thank Kimbuktu for her great tutorial!)




Here are links to my other blog posts about this project:

http://fabricsnquilts.blogspot.com/2008/12/thursday-tipsscrappy-floating-stars.html
http://fabricsnquilts.blogspot.com/2008/12/quilt-as-you-goso-many-options.html

4 comments:

RagamuffinQuilts said...

Great quilt! Wow, look at all that quilting. I bet if feels great to be off to such a great start in 2009 already.

Grandma Barbara said...

Nifty cool quilt!!!

kimbuktu said...

Really wonderful quilt FnQ, and thanks so much for the promo and link to my shop! You always have an interesting blog.

Bebesboutique said...

I really like this quilt love the quilting on the borders.

Labels