Tuesday, January 27, 2009

It *was* another great sewing weekend!

I was so stitch happy last weekend, I forgot to post my Sewing Sunday!

I have my quilt as you go nearly done. I am binding it now. Ran short of fabric by just a couple strips, so a trip to the next county had to be made to get what I needed.

I also took time Sunday to clean & rearrange my studio. Oh the fabric I found! I am reenergized to smash the stash! I have great plans!
  • I decided I had enough flannel to put together a twin rag quilt, trip around the world style, so I jumped right into that. It is coming along nicely. I need to motivate myself to cut those last 50 denim squares! This will be a recycled beauty!
  • I found some various 6 1/2" squares & several 2.5" squares. This got me to thinking about a scrappy 9 patch quilt...those are now in a stack for the future.
  • I also ordered "Mad About Plaid" to get inspired on what to do with my huge collection of plaid cottons. I can't wait for it to arrive later this week.
  • I also found a box of cotton blends that will soon become some great charity quilts for the local Red Cross. We have so many house fires in the winter here in our county, I guess due to heating choices. I can't wait to get started on those too.

Sew many things swimming in my head to do after just a few hours of rearranging. So, I encourage you all! Pick a shelf, cabinet, or cubby to take everything out. Play, imagine, and then put it back...it's so exhilarating!

No comments:

Labels