~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Sewing Saturday & Sunday

This weekend, back pain permitting, I will see if I can get my quilt as you go quilt all together. My goal is to have it ready for binding by Monday.

One of the girls in my local guild is doing a tutorial on binding & I thought it would be good to take along one to practice on. If I'm not ready with the quilt, I will take a set of candlemats that are almost ready to bind. I figure that since I don't like binding & so many other quilters I know LOVE to bind, I must be doing something wrong :) I will know on Monday!

I hope for show & tell soon!

4 comments:

Abby said...

I think the reason I like to bind so much is because it means I'm DONE!!

FabricsNQuilts said...

I understand that. Maybe thats why I don't like it...its all that is standing in my way of DONE :)

Mountain Home Quilts said...

I agree.... I can't stand the thought of binding a quilt! Once I start it, I'm fine but it just feels as though I should be done once the top is pieced and it's all quilted. Who wants to sew on it even more after that? :)
Anyway, PICTURES- I need pictures!!

FabricsNQuilts said...

Well, due to our snow, we called off the guild meeting Monday. Guess I will have to learn the joy of binding another day!

Labels