~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Friday, February 6, 2009

2009 Projects~#7 Queen Denim & Flannel Rag Quilt

This quilt came to me as I organized the studio. Using a good portion of my denim stash is always good, but this project was really a way to utilize my collection of plaid flannels and flannel remnants left from other projects.

Using the remnants for my batting, I was able to almost able wipe out that remnant/scrap bin (big Snoopy dance!) The remnants also add a ton of character to the frayed seams putting pops of color here & there, but I love that none of them really stand out & scream, look at me!


This quilt is for sale on Etsy, as I kept the last queen sized rag quilt I made just a couple months ago. Sleeping under these quilts is like being wrapped in warmth & really make it hard to get out of the bed on snowy mornings!

5 comments:

Missy said...

LOVE IT. Very rustic looking. I have tons of denim to. I hold onto mine like gold though.

Missy

love2ragquilt said...

It looks great. I love the diamond design. that really makes it pop.

Grandma Barbara said...

Wow! That is just beautiful. It does have a rustic, old-fashioned look about it. Love the denim on the back.

RagamuffinQuilts said...

Wonderful quilt (as always). I can sure see why it would be hard to get out of bed in the mornings, it looks toasty warm!

Bebesboutique said...

Nice job! The round the world pattern really Works! Good for you useing all your scraps!

Labels