~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Saturday, February 7, 2009

2009 Projects~#8 Denim & Floral Rag Quilted Bullet Backpack

The first edition of my original design! This bullet-shaped backpack had been in my head for a couple years and I finally decided to get it out of there :)

I used Fig & Plum charm squares by Fig Tree Quilts by moda for the exterior. Playing on a color in several of the fabrics, I batted the bag with a deep maroon flannel and lined the purse with upcycled black denim. The back cinches up at the top and that cording is also the strap. I have added a sleeve over the cording on the strap to give it a finished look.

I am VERY tempted to keep this cutie, but have listed it for sale on Etsy.

Now there is new room in my head for a new idea. I can hear the rattle from the now empty space...

6 comments:

RagamuffinQuilts said...

Awesome! I LOVE it! Very original.

LOL, empty space....can't wait to see what fills that new space. :-)

Grandma Barbara said...

Me, either!! Nifty cool backpack, dear! I just love it!!

Bebesboutique said...

Oh YOU finally did it! I know you have talked about it for so long. I love it!

love2ragquilt said...

It is absolutely great. You are so talented.

Karen said...

Very clever! I love it.

Ashlawnfarms Rag Quilt Creations said...

Hey that looks great! Very unique!

Labels