~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I see Stars!


I found my fabric! All else fails look where it is supposed to be! I had folded it all up nice & pretty & put it away in its place in the stash/fabric cabinet. I must have thought I was done with it (for some odd reason). So, the good news is that the stars are all done. I am pressing & squaring them up this morning & hope to get the rest of the top all assembled tonight. Then, it is on to the borders.


The more I think about it, the more I think I will go with the folded flying geese for the inner border. These were so much faster to do than traditional piecing and since I think I will send this top out to be long arm quilted, the extra layers won't matter as much as it would if I was going to hand quilt.
Now, do I really want to calculate how many flying geese units I will need, or just start sewing some & not be daunted by the number....
Like most of my quilting journey, I bet I just charge ahead & figure out the details (and quantity) later.

3 comments:

Ashlawnfarms Rag Quilt Creations said...

That is turning out great!! Black and white are so attractive.

RagamuffinQuilts said...

Looks GREAT!!!!

Bebesboutique said...

Shannon! Charge away! Easy works for me! and I rarely ever count ahead, too overwhelmeing then I tend to procrastinate. Just start sewing and count later. lol

Labels