~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Friday, February 20, 2009

Sewing Saturday & Sunday~Preparing for a busy one!

I am pinning my inner border to the quilt now & hope to get all the borders on tonight. I hope to have a big reveal of the finished quilt here soon. I will call the local lady who I want to quilt it next week & set up a drop off time with her. Hopefully, it won't take too long to get it back. There is always hope! So a sneak peak at the pieced inner border is all I can show you! I was inspired by Bonnie @ www.quiltville.com 's Prairie Braided Border. I decided this would be a better match for the quilt and the amount of fabric I had left (always a good decision factor) than the folded flying geese I mentioned in the prior posts.


I am going to press & trim my collection of half square triangle blocks left over from the falling stars quilt tomorrow & see if that inspires me into the next scrap bag quilt. I am holding my feet to the fire to a quilt from new & quilt from scraps plan for 2009. I get a little boost, since the white in the black & white quilt is from remnants and the black I got at an auction 18 months ago for a song. You just never know what you will find at a country auction!

Don't forget to check out the eBay destash auctions listed by me & my quilting group. They end this weekend or early next week! Great deals to be found!

2 comments:

love2ragquilt said...

That looks great. I can't wait to see it all together and of course quilted. I bet you can't either. What do you plan to do with it?

Karen said...

Love the pinwheel stars and the border will finish it perfectly.

Labels