First, I stitched up this block, just cuz it appealed to me. I am thinking of a scrappy quilt with the green floral being consistent in each block & using my scraps to make up the contrast. The green floral is the challenge fabric for my quilt guild's block challenge this year at our show. It is so diverse! My block pic is a bit blurry...forgive me!
I snapped this pic quickly, and you can see that I am not quite done :) The nice white hole of the design wall will be filled, I promise, with a black square. I decided that putting the squares on point gave so much more movement to the pinwheels in the block than a straight set (see this blog post for comparison if you wish). I am currently leaning toward hand quilting this top, but may send it to a long armer. I have another quilt top in that same state of limbo too....ah, decisions!
I tend to work backwards with scrappy quilts. I get what I can out of the scraps & let that tell me how big the quilt will be. It's like an extra surprise when I get all the blocks done & run out of fabric! So, I started marking & sewing my scrappy plaids today & did a little easy math in my head. WHEW! I will need 2500 of these little gems. Now, if that's not scrappy (& crazy) I don't know what is! Anyone who points out where my points don't match...is a dead man. That is fair warning! :)
The snow is still coming down, so tomorrow may be another Happy Stitchin' Day!