~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Busy Night Sewing!



I was itchin' all day yesterday to work on my 2 in progress projects, now that I have my design wall back in place.


I played around with placements on the charity quilt and am still tweaking that. It does not sing to me just yet.


I also started on my strip blocks for my next scrappy quilt. Man those are fun! It is so freeing to put purple next to orange next to pink next to green :) I am making very small blocks for this project, but the effect should work out for me. I almost have enough to start playing with placement, but not yet. I will be combining the strip blocks with the scrappy diamond blocks I made from the falling stars' corners. The blocks are about 7" so I may make a throw size quilt for this project.

2 comments:

Bebesboutique said...

I love playing with the scraps for the same reason ( freeing) certain colors if you follow the rules are NOT supposed to go together but if you have a hundred colors they all go together.

sewmeow said...

Oh, that is a great scrappy one! AND...all out of 1/2 square triangles.....great idea, and I will have to keep that one in mind!
Thanks so much for all your sharing; it's very inspiring.

Labels