~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

UFO Update!



I have had a great time working with my strip blocks. I am using 4" blocks and setting them in 4 patches as I pin them to the design wall. Can you imagine how many pins I would need if I didn't? whew!



So, here is my pinned up colorful latest. I have just 8 blocks left to go if I don't keep adding to it. She will be a queen sized quilt when done. I have to say, that I don't see much of a decrease in the old scrap bin either! I guess that means that I have plenty more to work with on the next scrappy quilt!



I have to take all these down now & square them up so I can start constructing the top. That will be no small task! I do love its color!

Stay tuned for the final quilt!

6 comments:

Ilena said...

Absolutey Beautiful! I can't wait to see the finished quilt. Have fun squaring them up (my LEAST favorite part).

Bebesboutique said...

Oh Shannon just love it. So are you going to machine quilt it or hand? Try some free motion quilting with your machine.

RagamuffinQuilts said...

Great job (as always). You have such a talent for scrappy quilts. Can't wait for the final quilt pics!

FabricsNQuilts said...

Oh my...hand quilt! NO WAY! All those seams...oh my fingers ache at the thought!

I will quilt it with the machine for sure.

Thanks! I am not looking forward to squaring up either, since there are so many, but we must do what we must do!

jenniepowell said...

Wow, this looks amazing! I'd love to try my hand at quilting properly, but there are so many crafts and so little time! I've just 'liberated' an old hand-operated Singer sewing machine from my mother-in-law's garage though, so maybe I'll manage to get round to quilting, finally! I dream of making a quilt including bits of material left over from when my mother made my wedding dress.

FabricsNQuilts said...

how wonderful Jennie! Tons of help here & all over the web to inspire you!

Labels