~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Sunday, May 3, 2009

2009 Projects ~ #28 Happiness is 1000 Strips


I have to tell you that I love this quilt! I teetered with keeping it, but I do that with all my quilts. I already have one everywhere one needs to be and a few places they don't, so I am offering this 'lovely' to you!


My blocks are just 4" and each contain an average of 4 strips of fabric. The squares are foundation pieced, so there is another layer of fabric tucked inside you will never see. This extra layer gives a little extra weight to the quilt, and I like a heavier quilt, to know its covering me when I am wrapped up. Also, notice the diamond pattern in the middle of the quilt. There is also a similar block in the quilt's very center.



The quilt is batted with Warm & Natural 100% cotton batting and backed with a funky and colorful 100% cotton batik by Moda.

Click the pic to see more!

3 comments:

TexasRed said...

What a beautiful and cheerful quilt!

sewmeow said...

Great scrappy quilt! I love scrappies and the backing fabric is beautiful! You inspired me, so I cut some foundation squares last night..6.5".

Bebesboutique said...

Oh It is just Beautiful!

Labels