~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Fiber Friday in review~ Quilt Show Recap!

Yesterday was a play day for me! I treated myself to a day out, quilt show, quilt shops, lunch, the works!

It is a small show, but it there were some very nice works entered. Here are some of the quilts from the Smoky Mountain Quilt Show in Knoxville, TN:

There were 2 best in show winners:







This scrappy cutie was one of my favorites!




Along with this appliqued, handquilted beauty!


This quilt was stunning in color, quilting & look at these points!



Here's a unique one! A cathedral window in black!



And some for the animal lovers...

6 comments:

Mountain Home Quilts said...

Wow, those are fantastic! The town scene quilt is stunning. I think I've seen a pattern for something like that before. I can't believe some of the detail in those quilts. Certainly puts the ones I make to shame! Quilt shows are so much fun- sounds like you had a great day!

Bebesboutique said...

Wow Nice quilts. I really really like the rooster one. (grin)

Originals by Lauren said...

those quilts are wonderful, there must have been alot of talented quilters putting on the show. Thanks for sharing them

RagamuffinQuilts said...

Good for you on your play day yesterday! You deserve it. Those are wonderful quilts. I agree with Mountain Home Quilts, these put my quilts to shame. LOL Thanks for sharing!

quiltsbylee said...

Wow, it is amazing what some people can do. I am looking forward to the show in Houston in October.

love2ragquilt said...

You have a lot of talented quilters in your area.

Labels