- Be sure to align the selvedge edges to even. This may require pressing new fold in the center.
- Believe me, not all bolts of fabric are folded in the dead center. Be sure to keep your fabric grain straight.
- place the fold of the fabric so that it is straight on the cutting mat. In this pic, the fold is on the bottom grid line.
- A fat quarter is 18" x 22".
- cut a half yard...18"x 44"
- cut the half yard in half on the fold into 2 halves of 18" x 22" each.
You now have 2 pretty Fat Quarters ready to swap, give, or use in your favorite pattern!