~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

2009 Projects ~ Funny Babies Baby Girl Crib Quilt

It's a windy day here, so we did the best we could with the snapshots.
I am a firm believer in prewashing quilts that are for resale, so that customers won't have any surprises in the wash. And by surprises, I mean mainly the diffent look you get when you wash & dry 100% cotton batting, the wonderful look of an antique quilt.
This quilt is randomly stippled in a varigated pastel thread on both sides of the quilt. The quilt is backed in the pink floral used in the binding & body of the quilt front.
This quilt is made from my Charm Pack Cutie pattern which is available in my Etsy supply store (and currently up for grabs in my monthly blog giveaway!).
If this quilt does not find a loving home at this weekend's craft show, I will list it in my Etsy quilt store.

5 comments:

RagamuffinQuilts said...

Very nice quilt! I sure hope it finds a loving home this weekend!

I love your new quilt pattern, great way to use up some charms.

Mountain Home Quilts said...

I totally agree with washing quilts first that are for resale. The customer should know the end result of the quilt after washing BEFORE buying (i.e. the look and the sizing) I know that my quilts shrink a good two inches after a wash.

Bebesboutique said...

I love it! The quilting is wonderful! I always wash a quilt before resale. The whole look changes. (for the better I think) You did a great job with this little quilt. I hope it sells real fast!

TexasRed said...

I always wash my baby quilts before giving them to friends b/c I know they'll be washed lots after they arrive.

I don't usually use 100% cotton batting, but may have to reconsider. Love the look it gives this quilt!

B.B. Bellezza said...

Gorgeous! Love it!

Labels