~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Thursday, July 2, 2009

2009 Projects ~ #40 Fig & Plum Sofa Quilt

I have to say that I love (really I LOVE) this quilt! I know, you are thinking, she always says that when she finishes a project...ah well, that is true too.

This pattern came to me by searching blogs one day. I came across this great post for an easy peasy pattern, the disappearing 9 patch.
For my quilt, I took it one more step & I didn't put the 4 patches back together with their original mates. It gave this a much more scrappy look, I think.
Here is another variation of the pattern I like too. It has hearts in the squares. You could piece that, or even applique for extra fun!
I quilted this quilt in the teeny stipple that I hope you can see in the closeup. I LOVE this fabric line, Fig & Plum by Joanna Figeroa for Moda; actually the color palate of Fig Tree & Co is usually right up my alley. The outside border & backing (same paisley print) is from an older Fig Tree & Co collection, Folklorique. I quilted it with a varigated pastel thread, top & bottom.
These pics are pre-wash, because I just couldn't wait to show you :)
Off to the laundry room!

8 comments:

The Quilt Shoppe said...

Beautiful! Anything Fig Tree is my favorite too :)

RagamuffinQuilts said...

OH MY, that is a beautiful quilt!! I really love how you split up your d9p blocks. The colors are just so pretty, I'm almost speechless! I just want to reach through my screen and touch it. :-)

Ilena said...

Absolutely Beautiful ~ Well done (and cheers for getting done)!

Mountain Home Quilts said...

Shannon, you did SUCH a fabulous job on this one! It is simply beautiful!
I didn't know that you were supposed to put the 4 patsches back together in the quilt. I thought you just made the 9 patch cut it up and threw the quilt together however you saw fit. Hum, maybe I didn't really read the insructions! ;)

Mountain Home Quilts said...

Oh, I forgot to ask- are you listing this quilt or keeping it?

sewmeow said...

This one is truly beautiful....love the fabrics, the colors....and your tiny stippling...is WoW!

Grandma Barbara said...

Another beautiful quilt!!! So very pretty!

FabricsNQuilts said...

Quick Update! I took this quilt with me to the craft fair & sold it! YIPPEEE!

Labels