~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

2009 Projects ~ #50 (wow) Log Cabin Denim Rag Quilt


I can't believe that I have logged 50 projects for the year! That almost makes it possible to conceive that I could finish 100 by year end, if I got in high gear! It's a goal now anyway!

So, here it is, a product of my Sit N Sew days in the brick & mortar. A month or so ago, I taught log cabins, so I made some as my demo & those turned into this lap quilt. On a side note, these Sit N Sew's are creating many UFO's in my house! Starting a new project every other week is not good!

But I digress...

The denim is reclaimed from new, but irregular jeans. The blocks are batted with a golden flannel that you can see in the seams. It is a good match to the calico in the light side of the block. I quilted the blocks in the ditch around the squares of logs. Hopefully you can pick that up in the closeup. Sorry about the fuzzies still on the quilt in the pic...I wanted to get pics outside before the rains came.

6 comments:

TexasRed said...

How cool! Did you have to use special needles to handle the denim?

RagamuffinQuilts said...

Love it! Great as always. :-)

WOW, 50 already - you'll hit 100 easily.

Barbara said...

Cute quilt I'm just in shock that you've completed 50 projects this year. You must be a power quilter.

FabricsNQuilts said...

Thanks Barbara, but notice the list on the right, they were not all quilts :) I do sew a little on something every day. Life is good :)

Mountain Home Quilts said...

Awesome job!

Ashlawnfarms Rag Quilt Creations said...

Congrats on 50!! Beautiful quilt!!

Labels