~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Remember the free mulch?



The end of April, I woke up to find this gift in my side yard.


Yesterday, I decided it had sat (cooked, composted) long enough for me to get started using it.



So I mulched the flower bed on the South Side of the building:

And also the bed on the North side of the building. One day I hope the evergreen is big enough to hide those pretty electric meters (back/left side of pic). The peonies do a good job in the warm months to hide the gas meter (front/right side of pic). And look at that pretty corn in the backyard. I can't wait!


And alas, I was WORN out and just couldn't go on. I did make a dent in the pile, but it sure doesn't look like it in this picture!

5 comments:

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

And I'm sure you were exhausted! But the gardens look really nice.

sewmeow said...

Wow! You are one glutton for punishment, aren't you? That's a lot of work to do that.
Looks nice!

Bebesboutique said...

I have mountains of free fertilizer from our dairy days. I am sure it is all "cooked" and ready to go. come and get it. lol

You just have WAY too much energy!

blushing rose said...

You were a busy gardener. When your done ....
TTFN ~Marydon
PS Pop over for a isit

RagamuffinQuilts said...

Who can pass up free mulch? The gardens look wonderful. If you don't want/need anymore of it, I bet a sign beside it saying free mulch would make it disappear in no time. :-)

Labels