~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

What Next Wednesday

I have the binding 1/2 way completed on the disappearing 9 patch throw quilt (and it's a big throw quilt) and hope to finish that tonight. So with 2 finished projects, it's time to decide what is next!

I want to start a block of the month here at the store, so I need to make a demo to hang to get folks interested. I have decided to do mine in batiks which have all been washed and I have started cutting. So I could finish cutting that quilt out.

I received an order for 8 purses yesterday for a local customer, so I could start cutting those out.

I started log cabin blocks last week for my Sit N Sew demo, so I could work on those.

The road construction is stopping traffic again in front of the store, so traffic is nearly non-existent. I will be glad when we can celebrate the end of this project with completion of the water lines & repaving. I think, what, next year...? I could dust the store again, an ongoing construction by product (ya right, we can cross that off the options already).

ooooh I just had an idea! I have wanted to make another denim rag quilt; I get the itch every now & then to make raggies. I think I will combine the log cabin blocks with black denim! Hope I haven't made the squares bigger than what I can get from my soon-to-be-recycled jeans!

ok, that brain storm, helped me decide! Log Cabin blocks it is!

2 comments:

Mountain Home Quilts said...

Ooh, I love the log cabin block! :)
I just started a dissapearing 9 patch myself. It's the first one I've ever done. I'm using the Crazy 8 fabric from Sandy Gervias. I hope it turns out cute.
Your's with the fig and plum fabric is really beautiful!

Ilena said...

great minds... I decided to cut some of the vintage I have stashed and chose to log cabin as well! Progress is slow but hoping to make some progress tonight. Can't wait to see more of what you do!

Labels