~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Sunday, August 9, 2009

The World's Longest Yard Sale is coming to a close



Compare these pics to my last post :-)
It's Sunday in the South & most vendors packed up last night or are doing so this morning. Good tip for those planning to come to the http://www.127sale.com/ in the future...vendors in rural areas in the deep south will be fewer in number on Sunday...don't take it out on those you find :- ). Every year I have an angry customer or 2 (had 2 couples read me the riot act last night at 6pm because our Chamber of Commerce was closed...yes, at 6 on a Saturday night).
It's been a fun and tiring week of 12 hour store days & nights of canning veggies from the garden. The garden always seems to go gang-busters this week every year. We were able to get most of the corn in by Monday, so we could really concentrate on squash, beans & tomatoes (only).
So that's about it for this year's sale blogging. I only bought a couple things and resold one the same day I bought it....on the condition I could take pics of it first...the cutest apron. I will blog that later...I already turned the camera off. I know...oh, the suspense!

2 comments:

RagamuffinQuilts said...

Hope your sales were big & good for you; not buying too much yourself. Can't wait to see the aprong pic.....oh the suspense......

sewmeow said...

Whew! Lots of work and hope you did well! Let's see the apron pic....yes!

Labels