~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

2009 Projects ~ Princess Lap Quilt

I try to live by the addage that "there is always time for what's important."

I haven't had many finished projects in the last couple months due to quilt shows, but I quilted this yard of Disney Princess fabric for our local Children's Center.

It felt good to free motion again & I just love this varigated thread. I am working through my second cone this year. It just seems to work with almost every project I pick up.

It has been nice to dive back into the fabric pile!

I use Warm & Natural cotton blend batting. Doesn't it give an awesome soft & antique look to the quilt once it's washed?






5 comments:

RagamuffinQuilts said...

What a great quilt for a special little girl at the center! Someone is sure to claim this as her own; such a generous gift from you to that child!

sewmeow said...

That's a wonderful lovey for a little girl! AND that's a lot of free motion quilting! What brand/model of machine do you have that you use to do this much stippling??

blushing rose said...

Oh, some little girl is going to be THRILLED beyond words ... I would be.

Terry needs prayers & support. Her hubby was in a bad accident today. Terrytreasures.blogspot.com

Have a lovely autumn week. TTFN ~ Marydon

Lynn S. said...

Love the girlie quilt; and for such a good cause. Shannon, you're a truly terrifc person.

love2ragquilt said...

You out did yourself on the quilting. Very stunning :-)

Labels