~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Monday, September 7, 2009

Quilt Show of the Little Mountains, Monticello KY

The beautiful rolling hills of Tennessee & Kentucky were a great way to start each day on my way to the Quilt Show of the Little Mountains in Monticello last weekend.

I had a great time at the show. Met lots of warm & wonderful people and had the privilege of seeing some great creations. They even had FOUR whole cloth handquilted quilts entered for judging that I was able to ooh & ahhh over!




Here are some of the quilts (click the pics to see enlarged pic in new window) :





This quilt was voted "Viewer's Choice" which is the Best in Show award


(For us selvage lovers!)



These Cross Stitch quilts are like what my Grandma used to make .


5 comments:

RagamuffinQuilts said...

Wow! Beautiful quilts and scenery! Who could ask for anything more? Thanks for sharing!

Mountain Home Quilts said...

My fav is the log cabin and trees but that Dear Jane quilt is stunning too! :)

blushing rose said...

OMG!!! What beautiful quilts ... the colors & patterns. Some day I am going to go to one.
TY for sharing.

Have a lovely week. TTFN ~Marydon

quiltsbylee said...

So awesome. Just takes my breath away. THe view and the quilts.... I adore that purple one.

sewmeow said...

Wonderful display of gorgeous quilts! I love the bright colors of the Bargello one. Thanks for posting them for our daily dose of "eye candy".

Labels