~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

2009 Projects ~ Braided Round & Round Lap Quilt Top

The scraps tend to start to exceed the fabric stash by this time each year. I usually devote the fall of each year to my scrappy time of the year.

Here is the first quilt to that end. This lap quilt is approximately 45" square. It will be donated to one of our local churches that is participating in Prayers & Squares.

This pattern is similar to Bonnie's Pioneer Braid Border. I built the top like a log cabin block, working from the center block outward in my round 'n round scheme.





6 comments:

RagamuffinQuilts said...

WOW, I LOVE it! Especially the log cabin layout of the top. Very well done.....as always. :-)

TexasRed said...

I love this! How did you quilt it?

solomi558 said...

ah !! the scraps we all love ,this is very nice---------cottonreel

love2ragquilt said...

It is beautiful. You did a great job. I love scrappy quilts!

fabricartist21 said...

I LOVE this quilt!! so unique

Mrs Moen said...

It so pretty! How do you avoind bulky seams with all those seam allowances?

Labels