~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

2009 Projects ~Vintage Chenille Rag Quilts for Baby Boy and Baby Girl

We will be having a Rag Quilting class on 10/24 and I realized that I had only a couple samples to show participants who will be planning thier quilts, so I whipped up these 2 cuties!

Using vintage Austrailian Cotton chenille, I accented the Baby Bear (Michelle D'Amore for Marcus) flannels in a Trip Around the World pattern. Batted with yellow flannel & backed in a pretty deep blue flannel.




Using another vintage chenille & my Go! Cutter, I used tumbler blocks to create this cozy soft quilt. Batted with deep pink flannel & backed in white flannel.




Isn't it great the way the batting in a coordinating color adds to the bloom of the seams?

3 comments:

quiltsbylee said...

And everyone says that I get a lot done in one day..I bow to the queen....lol

fabricartist21 said...

Those are just darling quilts,Shannon. Yes I like the way the darker fabrics peek thru the blocks!!

RagamuffinQuilts said...

Great job! Love the denim bears; but you know me, I like anything for boys. :-)

The tumbler raggy is great! What a different look compared to traditional squares.

Labels