~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Saturday, October 10, 2009

2009 Projects ~ When Pigs Fly Wall Calendar





This is the cutest calendar, but wow was it a lot of work! 84 button holes...I now can say I have mastered that skill with my machine. I am pretty happy overall with the outcome and most importantly, so is my customer.
Photobucket
Each month buttons over the January block. Note the too cute piggy buttons my customer had. The numbers button in place too, so they can be rearranged each month. There are 9 extra squares to mark holidays, birthdays and special occasions.
This is from the "When Pigs Fly" line of fabric by Avyln designed by Nanette Hilton. It is a very uplifting line with messages of hope, miracles & love. I wish I could find more of the yardage :)
These are the other monthly squares. I put a pocket on the back to hold the extra number squares & monthly blocks when not in use.

5 comments:

love2ragquilt said...

That is just darling. I could use the buttonhole practice. LOl

sewmeow said...

Oh..that is sooooo cute! Wow! that is a lot of buttonholes and a lot of work! Adorable!

fabricartist21 said...

Sure does look like a lot of work, it is so cute and clever.

Grandma Barbara said...

I had some of this fabric a while back and it is sooo cute! Love the calendar!

RagamuffinQuilts said...

That turned out too cute! Sure is a great way to practice those button holes! :-)

Labels