~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

2009 Projects ~ #80 Lap Quilt & Table Trivet

If it were me, I would call this one Go Bright, or Go Home (with me).

I gravitate towards warmer tones, so this is a big leap for me. I was happy to push my limits on this day-brightener for my brother.


The body of the quilt is quilted in the ditch, in the pattern. I wanted the quilt to drape and be real wrapable (for those cold South Florida nights).

The border is more tightly quilted in free motion shells. Thanks to the 365 days of free motion quilting for this pattern!





Here are the other related posts on this project:
What's almost off my wall
What's on my wall
Decisions, Decisions






The Moda batik on the back is a very densly woven fabric and very hard to hand sew, so after binding the table trivet by hand, I opted to use the stipple stitch on my sewing machine to do the binding on the quilt.

2 comments:

Micki said...

I love the warmer tones too...It is just lovely! Happy Holiday!
Micki

RagamuffinQuilts said...

Wonderful! Perfect bright colors for those bone chilling south FL nights. ;-) I know from experience. tee hee You know, those nights with flip flops & tanks in December, it can get mighty cold!

You did a great job, as always!

Labels