~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Friday, December 18, 2009

The Big Reveal

What can a couple gallons of paint, a sore back & some DIY sweat equity give you?

Well, not a completed project, but a new look for sure!


Enjoy the pics, such as they are on this snowy & rainy day (which didn't make for good lighting).

View from the front entrance


Proud to be our county's only source of hand embroidery supplies. An art not to be lost!



Polka Dots, Calico's and Gingham (oh, my!)




Batiks, solids, and homespun


Our stash builder wall! Each only $4.00 per yard



Children's themes and collections, and a bit of the notions wall too



View from the back of the store looking to the front.





If you noticed the floor, yes, they are really dress patterns & newspapers. The papers date from 1908, 1922, and 1932. I put them down one at a time with wallpaper paste & when dry used polyuerethene to seal it. That project was NOT done this week, but last year....I'm not that DIY crazy to not sleep!

6 comments:

Marydon Ford said...

You are full of energy! Love that floor wallpaper ... great idea.

Merry Christmas ~
TTFN ~Marydon

Grandma Barbara said...

I love your shop!! I wish I could visit in person!! Maybe someday?

quiltsbylee said...

Wonderful... One of these days I am going to make it to your part of the country and pop in on ya.

teachpany said...

Your store looks great; warm, welcoming, and fun. I saw some fabric I want, lol. And the floor is neat. Great job. I need a road trip!!

Lynn S. said...

Love the photos. would make a great roadtrip.....

kimbuktu said...

Congrats! What a tremendous job you've done.

Labels