~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Monday, January 25, 2010

2010 Projects ~ Apple Core Lap Quilt & Kits

Romantic florals were my inspiration for this lap quilt. Then as I started to quilt, I thought how a bee must never fly a straight line. So my quilting was inspired by my "thread-bee" curving & looping all over the quilt to check out each flower.




My mind always just wanders when I quilt & garden. I think that is why I enjoy them so much. Give my mind license to just "go". Sometimes it takes me to funny places. Like yesterday while quilting my bee pattern I thought..it must be tough to be a teenager bee. Never a straight line home (like my quilting) and to have to make curfew with all the flower distractions...well kind of like people teenagers with all the distractions of friends and fun. (yeah, I know...I let my mind wander just a little tooooo far this time.)




This quilt is one of our classes in the store in February. Check out our Class Calendar to see what else we are up to this month!
I really grew to love making this quilt & thought you might like to give it a try too! Shapes are die cut & I have done the coordinating for you! These are available on Etsy & in the store now!

3 comments:

RagamuffinQuilts said...

Great quilt! Love the kits, great fabrics!

free indeed said...

Argghh! I just asked my daughters for an apple core template for Christmas...now I find out you can get them die cut for you!!!!! I didn't know that existed...oh well. I have a scrap basket I want to empty...that was the plan all along. I really like how yours turned out.

Qoddess said...

You've been quoted! http://qoddessquotesblogs.blogspot.com/

Labels