~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Tips for Tuesday ~ Triangles on a Roll

Working with a new pattern last week, the directions gave only the parameters for the 1/2 square triangles to be made with Triangles on a Roll.

So, wanting to always do something new on each project, I ordered some. First thing you need to know is that this roll will make 800 (800!) 1/2 square 2" finished triangle blocks. My project required 32.

Guess I will need to find another project that requires this very common block!

These are the EASIEST way to make these blocks, and a time saver too.


Just layer your fabrics, right sides together & then pin the paper on top.










When you unroll the paper, you see :











Sew, following the arrows, on the dashed line. I was sewing with black thread, but hopefully you can see that the dashed lines are no longer shown (covered by my black thread).










Then cut on the solid lines:












Tear the paper away. Press, Ta da! When I tore my paper, I did not pull right from the edge, I tore down the center from the point to the stitch line & the tore out to the edges, this way you are not pulling against those unsecured edges. Once you tear away the large section of the triangle, the strip of paper on the seam allowance pops right out with a little tug.










You can pick these up in our Etsy store.

3 comments:

PaperOnParade said...

What a great helpful item!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

SewCalGal said...

I agree...Triangles on a Roll are an excellent way to make 1/2 square triangles. So easy, fast & accurate!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Micki said...

I have this product and it is great.
Micki

Labels