~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Spice up a plain apron



So I have been looking at this blank canvas for at least a year. I thought these aprons would be great for me to wear around the shop, but this Plain Jane was just not doing it for me. So I washed & dryed it & hung it on my peg board....for nearly a year! I would take it down & look at it & think...what can I do?



I knew that my name had to be across the bib, but then what? That's where I was stuck.



With the help of some facebook & quilting friends, I ended up with this:


I have to also give a shout out to Alex Anderson for her EASY to follow prairie point tutorial. I would never have tried them, had they looked harder than this 2 page tutorial. I even did a double layer it was so easy; Thanks!

I know that large patchwork heart pocket will be handy at quilt shows too!





9 comments:

glassidentities said...

beautiful.. and so much fun.. I love it!

RagamuffinQuilts said...

Great job! I really like it! Love the embroidery and the prairie points too!

Waterrose said...

What a great white apron and I love the embroidery work that you did on it!

Ann Nora said...

This is adorable - never saw such a cute apron. I have been wanting to make one for my friend - and now I am so inspired! But I won't be as ambitious as you!

Love the Decor! said...

i love aprons!! Yours is just darling :)

love2ragquilt said...

Thanks for the inspiration! Yours turned out great!

Marydon Ford said...

G'day ~ What a clever & beautiful touch to the aprons.

Happy Valentine's
Have a beautiful day
TTFN ~Marydon

sewmeow said...

Wonderful combination, with the block pocket, the embroidery and the Prairie points...and aren't they fun? I've used them on several different projects over the years. You're gonna look real spiffy now.

Micki said...

The aprons are so pretty! I just love wearing them!
Micki

Labels