~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Monday, March 15, 2010

What's on my wall

My yo-yo coverlet is coming along. It may not look like much yet, but these are just under 2" round, so this will be a long-tem project for sure. The Clover makers are awesome, I have to say. I can make about 30 a night while listening/watching tv. I can actually make them faster than I can attach them, which was unexpected. I am stoked that I am using up all these scraps of fabric to make something really cool.





Just 6 string blocks to finish & I will have a nice big queen size quilt top!



Of course, I still have to add the sashing & put it all together before we can really call it a "top". I am going to sash it with a tone on tone black (pinned here to the top bottom of one block, but the sashing will surround each block. The sashing will be narrow, finishing to 1.25". This quilt is definitely one that will have to find a home in a wild environment (maybe mine).

2 comments:

Ilena said...

Wonderful projects! I'd love to try my hand at a yoyo quilt!

sewmeow said...

Great use of lots of scraps! Good luck with finishing the yo-yo coverlet....wow!

Labels