~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Monday, April 12, 2010

Redbud Quilting Festival

What a great weekend!

Classes were awesome & well attended at the Redbud Festival.  Since this was my first trip to Barbourville, KY, I was immediately wowed by these awesome murals commemorating the rich Civil War history of the town.

  DSCN3323DSCN3327  DSCN3324 DSCN3325 DSCN3326

Then to be wowed again by the quilts in the quilt show: 

 

This Dear Jane by Paula Philpot of London KY was best in show.  Sorry I couldn’t get a better pic, but the quilts were on the second story and I would have fallen off a railing to get a full pic of the quilt (s)

DSCN3335 

This blue ribbon winning wall hanging was adapted by the quilter from a coloring book picture (WOW)

 DSCN3330

For you Elm Creek fans, there were 2 Sarah Samplers

DSCN3331 DSCN3332

I loved this quilt too…so much movement & color!

DSCN3333

This quilt was the best hand quilting blue ribbon winner.  The quilt maker’s notes indicated that this quilt was a memorial to her parents’ marriage throughout all the years.

DSCN3334  

This last quilt stole my heart.  This is the quilting I remember my paternal grandmother making. 

DSCN3337  DSCN3339 DSCN3338DSCN3340

Hope you enjoyed the trip to Barbourville with me, though it was virtual!  Maybe next year you can come take a class!

2 comments:

quiltsbylee said...

Wow those are some awesome quilts. Love the wall hanging. Did you get inspired?

sewmeow said...

Beautiful quilts! Quilt shows are really inspiring for us to work faster, so we can get more of them finished. lol.

Labels