~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Framed Charms

Left over charms from my Tin Sampler of Summer in the City, an awesome collection from last year from Moda, was the inspiration for this quilt. 

I quilted this on my last Sewing Sunday & finished the binding last night.  I have washed the quilt, giving it that antique look and feel.

DSCN3534

I mixed it in with the deepest darkest chocolate brown marble I have ever seen.  Most folks think it’s black until I put black next to it & then it really shines as a warm brown.

DSCN3538

I framed the brown charms with a fun & funky floral from the Chloe collection by P&B/Janet Broxon.  A matching jelly roll would be a great way to add a little more pattern to this quilt.  The polka dot backing & binding is also from the Chloe line.

DSCN3539

The lap quilt is 50x66, perfect for covering your tootsies & everything above them, or having room to share the covers if snuggling on the sofa. 

5 comments:

RagamuffinQuilts said...

Love it! I really love the blue backing, it makes the blue on the front pop out. Great job, as always. :-)

RagamuffinQuilts said...

Oh and mmmmm on the dark chocolate; my favorite. ;-)

love2ragquilt said...

It is gorgeous. I like the polka dot backing too. Great job as usual.

Micki said...

Gorgeous quilt...The blues are wonderful!
Micki

sewmeow said...

Another wonderful quilt by you! The fabrics work great together, and love the blue!

Labels