~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Monday, May 24, 2010

Hand Dyed Fabric

Last Saturday was our 1st Annual Dyeing Day & here are the fat quarters I created.  We dye with Procion MX dyes & Moda Bella Solids, pfd.

Remember that I recently dyed 2 similar red/orange/yellow FQ’s that I really liked, so I wanted to add to that collection.  In pressing these I kept thinking of lava.  Now trying to decide how to use them, since there are now 11!

DSCN3527 DSCN3519 DSCN3520 DSCN3521 DSCN3522 DSCN3523 DSCN3524 DSCN3525 DSCN3526

Then I wanted to add to the blue from last time & came up with these 2.  not sure if the bright cyan is a completed piece yet.  It may get more dye next go round.

DSCN3530 DSCN3529

 

Then, do you remember this 1/2 yard:

 DSCN3429

Well I knew I was not done with it.  Now it looks like this:

DSCN3532

Done?  Not sure.  Definitely getting closer.

I also dyed several t’s & tanks for myself.  They are in the dresser already, so no pics of those, but they are just as groovy, baby!

4 comments:

quiltsbylee said...

Loverly....

threadtails said...

beautiful, that is something that I really want to try

sewmeow said...

Those are gorgeous and such vivid colors..love 'em! You are becoming an expert, for sure.

RagamuffinQuilts said...

LOVE them!! That red/orange/yellow is very striking, would be great in a summer quilt!

Labels