~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Blackberry Cobbler

I am not much of a cook, and by the grace of God, I don’t have to be.  BUT, every now & again I get in the mood to cook or bake.  The biggest reason I don’t do the cooking is because I have a problem with cooking in small quantities.  This cobbler is in a 2 QT dish, so not too big that it won’t be wasted.'

DSCN3611

4 cups blackberries

1 tsp lemon juice

1 scant cup flour

1 scant cup sugar

1/8 tsp salt

1 tsp baking powder

1 egg

1/2 tsp vanilla extract

6 TBSP butter

 

Preheat oven to 350.  place blackberries in casserole dish.  sprinkle with lemon juice

In separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients.  stir in beaten egg & vanilla.  Mix until a crumbly texture.  Sprinkle over berries (covering).

Melt butter, drizzle over crumbles.  sprinkle a little sugar on top.

Bake 40 min.

Get the ice cream or cool whip & a spoon.  YUMMO!

1 comment:

sewmeow said...

I love cobblers of any kind, and yours looks sooooo yummy. Thanks for sharing.

Labels