~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Make your own personalized twill tape

I found this awesome inspiring post a couple months ago, gathered supplies & am JUST NOW getting to play.
I thought that it would be really nice to add a message to the ribbon on my packaging, So I used a page of Print & Press from my stash, & picked up some Wrights 1/2” twill tape.  Little investment in the event this project was too cumbersome (which it is totally NOT).
twill
In Word, I used the Word Art feature for the text http://www.fabricsnquilts.com/ & then rotated the image 180 degrees. This command is in the Microsoft Word Art Toolbar.  I just copied & pasted the word art box on a new line as many times as it would fit.  Then ran the page through my printer twice, once for each column (which is why the print is in different directions). 
 DSCN3580
I cut one out for practice & Ta-Da!  What a cute fat quarter bundle!
DSCN3581

5 comments:

RagamuffinQuilts said...

It looks great!!! I had always thought of it being such an ordeal to do such a thing. Thanks for the information; your fq bundle looks fabulous!

teachpany said...

Great idea! Great advertising for your store, too.

Barb said...

that is soooo awesome!!

Marydon said...

I love seeing what you gals come up with next ... great!

TTFN ~ Marydon

FabricsNQuilts said...

I got to thinking, how great this would be for gifts. Anyone can use this ...congratulations graduate, Happy Birthday Grandma, It's a GIRL!

So don't just think of this as a business idea...it would be great for tons of things!

Labels