Thursday, July 1, 2010

Bubbles the Yo-Yo Monkey

Another 1st in a long line.  I have never made a stuffed animal.  I have repaired many destroyed dog toys in my day, but never made one from scratch.  I know you are looking at the monkey & thinking it’s all yo-yo’s, but the head had 11 pieces to it. 

DSCN3615

All in all, it was fun.  A quick 1/2 day project for me since all the yo-yo’s were already made. 

The pattern by Indygo Junction uses the large & jumbo sizes of the Clover Yo-Yo makers, but also includes templates if you don’t want to make them with the (awesome timesaving) gadgets.  Also included in the pattern is a completely stuffed animal pattern.

IJ862

I can see a where’s Bubbles game in the future!  Here he is hanging out on the quilt rack outside.DSCN3616

5 comments:

RagamuffinQuilts said...

Oh how SUPER cute!!!

sewmeow said...

Oh My Gosh! He's sew cute, and he sure knows the best places to "hang out". He's definitely my kind of quilter!

Grandma Barbara said...

Just too cute!!!! Love to make stuffed animals and dolls, but haven't in a long time. Thanks for sharing this cutie!!!

love2ragquilt said...

Very cute. I think I have that pattern. Makes me want to dig it out.

Jennifer said...

Good Morning Bubbles keep Shannon company today>

Labels