Thursday, September 9, 2010

Go Cutter Table Runner

Last Friday I shared pics of a table runner in process.

I finished it up this morning.  I change out the runner on our front counter with the seasons or holidays.  This one should get me through Thanksgiving (all the while I will be thinking of what to do for the Christmas runner).  I don’t change out the drapes, just the top, incase you are wondering WHY I would match this runner with blue :)

 DSCN3834 DSCN3848

So the applique is raw edge.  I cut the shapes with my GO! cutter fall die.  For the cutting process, be sure to look back to Friday’s post.

DSCN3833

I stitched around each shape, just inside the raw edge after each was fused to the background fabric.  Then I free motion quilted the echo stitches around each shape.  I used King Tut variegated thread in shades of yellow, green, orange & purple.

It was fun to have a no piecing project for a change!

3 comments:

RagamuffinQuilts said...

Great tablerunner!

Barb said...

Oh wow, you put alot of work into that table runner, just amazing....

quiltsbylee said...

Awesome Shannon. Once again you gave me a new idea....

Labels