Monday, September 6, 2010

Sharing a GO! story

During my time with the Contented Heart Quilting Guild this weekend, I was talking to one the members about our classes and she said that the hardest part of quilting was cutting accurately.

I said, “Well, do I know what you need.”  Of course I didn’t have my GO! with me, but I explained it to her & she just lit up!

I was recounting the story for another member of the guild who said that one had been donated to the guild & they had decided to silent auction it.

I explained all it could do & the guild member went back to the guild’s store up town & brought it back so I could demo it for them.

HPIM0813

I explained that if each member bought or chipped in $5 toward die purchases, they could have a nice selection of dies in NO TIME!

Since I was working on yo-yo’s, I had plenty of scraps to use for the demo.

We only had the value die, but I do believe they have changed their mind about letting that GO find a new home!

3 comments:

love2ragquilt said...

Seeing is believing for sure. I don't know how I got along without mine all this time.

SewCalGal said...

Sounds like a fun time..

I've also seen many guilds chip in to buy an AccuQuilt for their guild, and I've seen friends chip in and co-own a GO!, even some that have bought one (to share) as a birthday gift to each other.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Barb said...

Glad you were there to rescue the Go..they will have a grand time with it and what fun for everyone.

Labels