~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Sunday, November 28, 2010

It’s a "Finally Finished"

Last fall, during my personal scrap challenge, I pieced 195 6” strip blocks and eventually set them together last spring (so my blog tells me {a mind is a terrible thing to lose})

I have had the top hanging in the store since then…unfinished.

Spurred on by the upcoming Quilt Trail bus tour this week, I decided it was time to finish off some of my quilt tops (enter the professional long arm quilters of my community).

I sent this big-un’ to Maggie Porter in Clarkrange, TN.

DSCN4090DSCN4091

I love the rolling loopy random look and the use of the red white & blue variegated thread is great. 

DSCN4092

In the same scrappy vain, I also pieced the back with an off center black lotus print between the mirror image tan/maroon print.  The lotus on the back is a little larger scale than the lotus used in the sashing on the front.

DSCN4094

I love the look of the crinkle of warm & natural batting after the wash.  So soft!

I have 2 other quilts being quilted by other quilters so we will have more sew & tell this week!

5 comments:

Barb said...

WOW!!!! Tha quilt is amazing!

harleywife57 said...

it is TOTALLY AMAZING ! lots of stripping and piecing ; BEAUTIFUL work !

CaraQuilts said...

It's beautiful! Love the effect

teachpany said...

She did a great job quilting it. That is the perfect accent for your pretty strips.

DownHome Designs said...

You did an awesome job on this quilt! You're right about one thing..I can't find my blocks in there! LOL

Labels