~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Monday, November 15, 2010

It’s hand quilting weather!

And I am ready for it!

Just marked the border of our community project & hope to sting together some stitching time tomorrow.

DSCN4080

The marking was a challenge, with the calico blue & white.  I opted for pink & gave the new-ish Sewline graphite pencil a whirl.  Oh my, like a hot knife through butter!  It marks with such ease.  Not sure how easy it will be to see here in the pic, but should be good enough to see to quilt.

DSCN4082

 

Our “Tennessee Puzzle” is going to be fabulous!

6 comments:

teachpany said...

I have had a Sewline for a few months, and LOVE it. It is so easy to mark with templates for quilting, but also to mark to cut/sew half square triangles, and so much more. I have the black, and change to white or pink as needed. The marks are easy to erase, too, and wash out, as well. I have been grabbing it for marking dressmaking things, too. It doesn't snag the fabric, or pull it while tracing, either.

Marydon said...

I love the quilt & all those pretty flowers.

Don't miss our giveaway!
Have a beautiful week ~
TTFN ~ Marydon

harleywife57 said...

Oh , how PRETTY !! nice work !

Barb said...

Going to be fabulous!!!

Mishka said...

Another great marking option is crayola washable markers. I've used them on a few projects with great success. One was even left for a couple of months and no prob. As always, test with your fabrics first to be sure it will come out.

harleywife57 said...

how nice ! rather, I should say -- BEAUTIFUL ! I have no advice for you since I have never hand-quilted !! I'll check with you for advice when I do !

Labels