Monday, November 22, 2010

Little peek at my hand quilting

A couple *years* ago we did a block swap in my eBay group.  As the swap coordinator, I had a jump start on everyone else & got my top done within a week or so of sending the swap blocks off to everyone else.

Then she sat for a while, all folded up & lonely.  I figured since the swapping ladies meant so much to me, that I would hand quilt it.  And the process began…..

I only quilt in the evenings in front of the tv, so I am not devoting a ton of time to the quilt, even IF I quilt it every day.  and that’s a big if, or rather a laughing if.  Truth is, I quilt on this sporadically, at best.  I’ll quilt on it every day for a week or 2 and then it will sit for a month or 6.

Now that the weather is/should be turning colder, I have picked it back up.  You can see 3 quilted rows.  There are 2 unquilted rows tucked under.  I have a beautiful cable & fan border design already picked out.

DSCN4087

Maybe now that I have aired my shame in the “month or 6” I will be more motivated to keep working on this quilt & finish it this winter….maybe…

9 comments:

Mishka said...

Gorgeous quilt and your quilting is beautiful.

love2ragquilt said...

I remember that. It is beautiful.

Christine said...

It is beautiful!

harleywife57 said...

oh , it is SO PRETTY ! nice quilting ! keep going .....

jennifer said...

Pretty Pretty

farmhousequilter8 said...

Hope to see it when it is finished, lay those "little circles" down for awhile and get to quilting!!!!
Paula

WoolenSails said...

That is beautiful quilting.
I use the machine for regular quilting and hand quilting for my primitive pieces.

Debbie

The Quilting Pirate said...

WOW, you are doing GREAT! You have accomplished a lot so far! Can't wait to see it completed!

Blessed said...

It is such a lovely quilt. You're doing a great job.

I too go through phases just like you when I hand quilt. After I get through about 70% of the quilting, I find that I spend a LOT more time working on it and finish it (well quicker than I thought I would) :)

Labels