Thursday, February 10, 2011

My First Scrappy Finish of the Year

oh yes, there will be more!  I have already pressed a whole stack for the next one; I mean, why the iron is hot (pun intended).

So, here she is.  A nice big queen at about 92*96.  I am also piecing 12” squares for the backing so this quilt is helping the old scrap & remnant pile a bunch!

DSCN4239

I suppose I should point out that the quilt is draped over, so you can’t really see the whole thing, but you can get the gist of it.

We are calling this my hubby’s first quilt, since he cut all those wonderful 2” squares with the Go! cutter for me last fall while I was off at quilt shows.  In terms some of us older folks might understand, “It’s a quilt, & I helped!”  If you don’t get that, don’t worry…I am just in my giddy-finished mode.

So, are you working on your scrap quilt to enter it in our Scrap Quilt Challenge?  Do you need encouragement?  Join us in our facebook group to chat it up!

Deadline to upload your pic to flickr is 2/28!

4 comments:

Cat said...

Love your quilt.

Karen said...

It's gorgeous, Shake-n-Bake!

Ann Marie said...

Oh wow, I need to get them finished, I am runny out of time, as usual.....

Kathleen said...

so pretty! I love all the little spots of color.

Labels