~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Monday, March 7, 2011

A scrappy Sunday’s progress

I was able to sit down with some scraps this weekend. 
DSCN4281
 
I wasn’t sure where these stacks of GO! cutter rectangles would lead me, but I knew that brick walls have been in my quilter’s mind for a while.
 
So yesterday, I started this
DSCN4282
 
I will put brown strips to sash my columns & for the first border.  The jury is still deliberating the outside border.  I *could* quilt as you go this design, and tumbled options in my head all night, but I think I will just finish the top so I can get back to all those other lovely scraps!
 
I was also able to spend several hours hand quilting, so it was a GREAT day!
 
If you are a FAN of scrap quilts, be sure to pop over to our website to vote in the Scrap Quilt Challenge!
 

4 comments:

Cathy said...

I am using the same rectangles and making the braids. I also am making the brick wall. The braids are for girls and the bricks are for boys quilts. Very nice.

Christine said...

Very nice! I enjoy making the piano key rectangle boarders. I think I will try a brick wall (someday)! :)

harleywife57 said...

very nice !! another brick in the wall .... hah ! I used the bricks in my scrap challenge quilt .

Barb said...

Glad you had a great day!!! Love what is on your design wall.

Labels